Track Your Ads Increases Your Profits
Tracking your ads is very important. If you place ads with more than one advertiser you will need to know which ads are working and which are not working.
How do you know whether your advertising is effective or not? The answer is to track advertising response for each ad you run. We all love traffic coming to our website. The more the merrier in most cases. However, as a marketer, that isn’t the case. Marketers want targeted traffic and they want to know where it is coming from. Not knowing where your traffic is coming from means you don’t know which traffic generation methods are working.
The majority of marketers make no effort to track their traffic and are grateful for any visitors to their website. This can cause marketers to loose lots of money.
If you are paying for advertising and not tracking your traffic you are throwing money away! You have to know which methods and ad's are working and which are not. This way you can do more advertising that is earning you money and less of that which isn’t.
Tracking your traffic doesn’t need to be complex and can be done very easily. You can invest in scripts and services that will track your website traffic for you. These vary from the cheap to the expensive, the good and to the brilliant.
You don’t need to have a script or service to track your traffic, but it can often make it much easier for you.
A simple traffic tracking method is to use Google Analytics. This is a free to sign up service that many marketers are using. The good thing about it is that it offers in depth stats and can track almost anything. The downside of it is that it offers in depth stats and can track almost anything!
The complexity of it is a good and a bad thing because you can find out so much about your website that it will initially confuse you. However, once you have spent some time analysing the results it will prove very useful.
Firstly you have to add the code to your website. This code is unique for each of your websites and needs to be inserted at the bottom of each page in your website just before the closing body tag.
Once it is reporting data, you need to drive a decent amount of visitors to your site to get some good results.
Analytics will report on all activity on your website and even go as far to overlay where people are clicking to help you understand the activity on your website.
The big appeal to most marketers is the fact that it has a lot of features, more than many scripts and is completely free. Of course, Google get to understand exactly what happens on your website, but that is a small trade off for such in depth analytics.
Using Google Analytics will give you a good understanding of where your traffic is coming from and what it is doing on your site. Through this you can improve your conversion rate, and in turn, your profits.
Whilst Google Analytics is great, it can get very confusing if you are not technically minded so having some software or script that can track for you maybe the better option.
Click is an online solution, which can track every advertising campaign for you with a few clicks of your mouse. This is a lot easier and less confusing, you simply enter a few details and it will do the rest for you. How it works:
- Sign up for a Click.org account.
- Easily create a unique tracking link and shorten it using their domain or yours.
- Customize it by selecting any click targeting, redirection, testing or tracking options you desire.
- Everything is totally customizable for complete flexibility and can be edited, updated or changed at any time.
Start Your Promotion:
- Use your tracking link in your next email or newsletter promotion, to track clicks from banner or text ads, on your website, blog or anywhere else.
- When someone clicks on your link, they'll automatically be forwarded to your site and seamlessly track the click and all kinds of other data.
- Click.org is completely hidden and runs transparently in the background totally un-noticed by your visitors.
- They will track all the stats, conversions and more then send people to the pages that are converting or target them based on the specs you set up so everyone hits all the right pages at just the right time.
View The Results In Real Time
- View the results in your account, live, as they happen.
- Tweak your settings and edit any options at any time to get the most out of each and every click.
- Analyse the data in real time and intelligently scale advertising campaigns based on what's working.
- View, schedule or download reports on any ad campaign over any time period or share your links stats with a business associate or client.
Tracking is crucial to your success, I have seen lots of people who do not track there advertising and they end up spending hundreds of dollars advertising in a place that doesn't get them results. You want to make sure you are advertising in a place that is getting you leads, signups and sales and in order to do that you need to know what advertising is working for you, and to do that, you need to track your advertising :).
FREE Training - 7 Key Elements To Online Business Success
Learn the all important 7 keys that every successful Internet Marketer and Entrepreneur follows.